Saturday, January 8, 2011

Napa Training Runs 10 & 11



Updates....

Friday 1/7/11: 7 miles with easy temp for first 5 miles (7:15 pace). Dreary day.

Saturday 1/8/11: 21.2 miles (meant to do 23 but it just got too cold and dark to worry about that extra 1.8 miles). Weird run. Got myself an AM/FM radio to run with (do I sound old) ... but got to listen to nearly the entirety of the Saints - Seahawks playoff game. So that was distracting enough. Weird also because today, there was a shooting rampage in my old hometown of Tucson and that made me think a lot about those victims (but see previous post about that). Weird also because during my jaunt down Stephenson's Bridge Road I was perpetually under seige by a crop duster. True. Whilst listening to said football game, I did a quick head turn to the right and saw, bearing down on me, a yellow crop duster with its cancer-causing, bug-killing juice spewing out. Seriously. I had to stop and sprint the other direction to avoid being drenched in its killing juice. The sound of the poison hitting the pavement was like rain on a tin roof... so that was sort of cool.

Average pace was slow....7:50 per mile...but I'm determining that I'm not a distance runner ;) Ran alone...cold and dark ... now I'm super tired but things are progressing ok. Sometimes it is nice to be alone in your own thoughts for so many miles. Even as Monsanto tries to eradicate me.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment