Friday, January 14, 2011

Back on the road...Run 13, Napa Valley Training.


First day back on the roads since our little Bailey died (see previous post). I thought a lot about her during today's easy run. I used to run with her pretty frequently in the late 1990s at Pima Community College in Tucson, AZ. The picture to the left shows Bailey (right) and Blaze (left). Blaze had less interest in running but Bailey was a damn athlete. She had no end to her energy and fortunately for her, between Arlen and I, we gave her plenty of exercise: runs, walks, play in the parks, etc. But to the run for the day:

Ran 5 at what I might call an easy tempo pace: 7:30, 7:22, 7:20, 7:10, 6:54. Then ran 2.2 easy. I'm meant to run long tomorrow. It was a nice day and an enjoyable run. Arlen and I meet on these days....she runs in the UCD Arboretum...and we go to early lunch at our favorite lunch place: Zia's Deli in Downtown Davis. Yep. I miss my dog. I love my girl Arlen. ...and oh yeah, my little boy Jackson kicked the hell out of the GATE test and is in-line to start the GATE program next year. Can you say 98th percentile. Yep yep yep!

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment