Friday, January 28, 2011

Fog Run Zia Work...and strap-ons.

Tule fog again and damn was it chilly to run in. Long sleeves and gloves and low visibility (though better than Wednesday). Ran 7.88 (as estimated by plotting run on Google Earth) but who knows. I assume it's somewhere between 7.8 and 7.9. Time: 57:26~7:17 mpm pace. So despite my best intentions to not improve (not running, drinking, poor sleep), my pace seems to be improving. The aches and pains seem to be under control Of course if you look at me I'm wearing a strap around my knee, a strap around my achilles, tape strapped around the other achilles...oh and I also have a Jenson radio strapped to my waist.

...Hell it just occurred to me I have more strap-on devices than a freaking sex shop.

But I digress. I love my weekday morning runs (usually M or W or F or some intersection of the two) because they work like this: 1) Get Jackson to school and play w/dogs in the park; 2) Come back home and get "motivated" to run; 3) Arlen drives to the UC-Davis Arboretum to do her run...me...I head out the door and run some route; 4) we converge at the car parked at the Arboretum; 5) THEN we go downtown to Zia's Deli and have the greatest time sharing one of their incredible sandwiches. Then it's time for work. But that short bit of time sitting inside the deli sets the tone for the day....a good tone. Calm. Easy.

Which is about the best thing to ask for these days.

Out.

PS: tomorrow I allegedly am running 20 something. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment