Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last "fast" run before Napa Valley Marathon

Me at Asilomar Beach, Feb. 22, 2011
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, SUNDAY.  Five sleeping nights left until 7:00 AM.   Did my last "hard-ish" run today.  Warmed up for 10 minutes then ran tempo pace for 10 minutes (10+10=20 ... yep).  Total distance was 2.83 miles giving a pace of 7:05.  Ran easy for 5 minutes and then did 5 minutes at something under 7 mpm.  Overall ran a total of 7.1 miles with the last 1.5 miles at snail's pace.  So about 5.5 miles at 7:11 pace and the rest slow and low. 

Felt pretty good despite having been on my feet for the three previous hours teaching.  I really have no sense of how Sunday will go.  I think the best case scenario would be an average pace of 7:30 which would translate to 3:16 and change.  Most likely I would hope to get under 3:20.  We'll see.  My training has been spotty.  I'm overweight.  Often have lacked in motivation; nevertheless am looking forward to driving over to Napa on Saturday, staying at the River Terrace Inn, having some fun with some old Tucson friends and towing the line in Calistoga at 7 AM.  If all works out, by 10:16 AM and change, I'll be crossing this finish line. 

Weather forecast not optimal but then it was not optimal for the CIM in December and that day turned out to be one of the best running weather days ever.  So hoping for the best. 

Out.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment