Sunday, December 19, 2010

Napa Valley Training Day 1 and 2

Weather: rainy, dreary, gloomy.

Day 1 (12/18): 10 miles. Achilles hurts/didn't wear support band. Bad idea. Slow. Who cares? The guys in Tucson are running like 20 or 21 miles. I run alone. Less peer pressure to show up at 4:30 AM. Unfortunately, it means fitness level may never be what it was. Yes, I miss my old school running buddies. 1:20 and change. A little over 8 mpm

Day 2 (12/19): Weird-ass weather day...insane rain. Then stops. Sunshine. Hale and deluge. Sunshine. Window of opportunity opens for run: 3:30 PM. 10 miler: Target Loop. Slow. Who cares? 1:18 and change. Not sure what that works out to in mpm. I just need miles in my legs.

I have no idea what a realistic goal is for Napa. My dream: sub-three. Reality? 3:15.

Ok. I'm out. I'm boring myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment