Saturday, February 6, 2010

The week that was and still is.

I've been wondering when a week begins and ends. Oddly enough, I've (in recent years) have always summed up weekly miles beginning on Saturday. This was a function of some on-line site I started using in Oct. 2000 (winningstats.com)...wonder if the site is still there.

But the weekend is the END right? So should I sum from Monday? In the end, who gives a
damn; we're not talking about big numbers here and nobody is going to get hurt.

So summing from Saturday:
7-Sat (Davis Ag roads)
10-Sun (Davis Ag roads)
7-Tues. (Davis Ag roads)
7-Thurs. (N. Davis/Central)
4-Friday (ran the first two w/Arlen; S. Davis)

35 for week. All slow miles except for some non-slow stuff here and there.

On Thursday, signed up for a 10K that I'll run tomorrow. Why? Hell if I know.

I like races though oddly, I'm in no shape to race. So I guess I'll jog it....me and my
boiler bouncing along the way. It's the Davis Stampede 5k/10K/Half. Thought originally I'd sign up for the half but then said: wtf. Glad I didn't. So here I'm sitting next to my lovely wife (who...conincidentally cooked the best salmon meal I've ever had tonight) writing
these hollow words (hollow because no one reads this shit). But that's ok. Right now, I feel at peace for some reason. No worries about the 10K. I have a prediction though. I think that at best can run 6:56 mpm. More realistic is 7 mpm. That's kind of sad. If I ever really ran seriously again, I know I can still do sub-6 for 10K.

But that's irrelevant thinking...now isn't it?

Wish me luck readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment