Friday, December 11, 2009

ISO marathon y Oakland

My friend Alex wants me to run the Oakland Marathon in March. I have this goal to run sub-3:00 hours in the marathon for once in my life. In trying to get myself back to where I want to be as a runner and indeed, as a person, this goal is more than just time for me. But here's the conundrum: http://www.oaklandmarathon.com/Race_Information/Marathon.htm Click on the site, look at the course profile. Mostly freaking uphill for the first 10 miles makes me a little (a lot) worried this is not going to be a fast course. This is the first Oakland marathon in 25 years so there is nothing to go by wrt prior results. Thoughts anyone.

1 comment:

  1. That elevation profile looks pretty brutal. You'd need to be in 2:55 or better shape to break 3 on that course. What pace does Alex run? Could you run this as a training run, and then a goal marathon on a flatter course 4 or 5 weeks later?

    ReplyDelete